Tissue Cure Alliance Finland boosts collaboration and helps utilize commercial opportunities in tissue carePress Release 10.12.2018 9:00 EET
(UPM, Helsinki, 10 December 2018, 09:00 EET) - Tissue Cure Alliance Finland (TCAF) is a non-profit alliance aiming at utilising the high growth opportunities in the field of tissue cure. The alliance brings together the vast know-how of its members to boost commercial opportunities and collaboration and supports sharing best practices and latest development in the field. Moreover, TCAF arranges scientific seminars and promotional events to increase the public awareness and industry know-how.
Opportunities for a high-tech success story
New innovations in tissue cure can help patients in ways never seen before and significantly improve the quality of people’s lives. This becomes increasingly important considering the global megatrends such as ageing population. On the economical side, advances in tissue cure can act as growth drivers for companies in the forefront of development and create sig-nificant new business opportunities for them. TCAF offers its members a platform for collaboration and information sharing and is also look-ing to visibly promote new Finnish high-tech success stories in tissue cure.
"I believe TCAF can act as a kick-off for a whole new ecosystem of opportunities and support us in showcasing true leadership in an exciting field. To further strengthen our impact, we warmly welcome new members to join the Alliance to both contribute to and benefit from the cooperation. This is a great opportunity to become a part of a new high-tech success story that builds on the long history of high-quality education and science in Finland.", says Virpi Muhonen, Chairman of the Board.
For more information, please contact:
- Jane Spencer-Fry, Director, UPM Biomedicals, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +44 7881 557511
- Virpi Muhonen, Chairman of the Board, email@example.com, tel. +358 40 489 3840
- Johan Gräsbeck, Oy Konfer Ab, Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 413 6228
- Andreas Slama, Oy Konfer Ab, Coordinator, email@example.com, +358 40 503 2034
Founding members and their specialities:
- UPM Biomedicals, innovative and sustainable wood-based biomedical products
- Askel Healthcare Oy, a cartilage regeneration startup
- CardioReg, research group for regenerative medicine at University of Helsinki
- CutoSense Oy, wound-measurement and treatment systems
- Finnish Red Cross Blood Service, a not-for-profit, nationwide blood, tissue and cell therapy service provider
- Åbo Akademi University, high-level research in life sciences, materials and technologies for health