*Discount from the native GrowDex. Delivery cost will be charged.
Transfer your 3D cell culture matrices to animal-free GrowDex®
GrowDex, a ready to use hydrogel with superior benefits is ready to ship and can easily replace animal derived matrices. But why is GrowDex so superior? Download our detailed guide to find out why. And as a bonus, get a 15 % off promotion code!
GrowDex is an animal free, easy-to-use hydrogel that mimics the extracellular matrix (ECM) and supports cell growth and differentiation with consistent results.
GrowDex is a proven solution for automation and high throughput screening. GrowDex can be used for 3D cell culture for spheroids and organoids, in personalised medicine, regenerative medicine, organ-on-a-chip models, drug release studies, in vivo tumor models and more.
Why switch to GrowDex?
Despite their wide usage, animal derived matrices have been notoriously difficult to use. With animal free hydrogels like GrowDex, you'll get new benefits, such as:
- Reproducible assays with no lot-to-lot variation
- Handling in room temperature enables also the use in high throughput screening applications
- Biocompatible material suitable for in vivo and xenograft models
- Defined composition without unknown protein composition
- Ability to translate the cell culture assays towards clinical application
- Sustainable and ethical material
Download the free guide to learn how to transfer to animal-free matrix
Features and benefits of GrowDex cell culture matrix
Clean and well-defined hydrogels consisting of only nanofibrillar cellulose and purified water. No animal DNA interfering with readouts. *Excludes GrowDex-A after addition of biotinylated ligands
Do not add variation to your results. Our GrowDex hydrogels are manufactured to the highest standards with strict quality control criteria, so you can be sure the performance will be the same regardless of the production batch ordered.
Ready to use
No gel preparation steps required. GrowDex hydrogels are provided ready to use, and they can be used and stored at room temperature. Just mix the hydrogel with your media and cells, dispense and incubate.
One-step cell recovery
Cells and organoids can be recovered from GrowDex with a gentle one-step enzymatic process with our GrowDase without affecting the cells.
Easy and fast handling. Store and work at room temperature, no need to work on ice or at elevated temperatures.
Tune the microenvironment to suit your cells. The optimal stiffness is achieved by dilution with cell culture medium, and the culturing matrix can be customized easily by simply adding components such as growth factors or proteins directly to the gel.
Microscope and high throughput compatible
GrowDex hydrogels do not have auto-fluorescence so imaging with any microscope or high content imaging system is simple.The ambient handling of the hydrogels makes them ideal for high throughput assays.
GrowDex compared to animal derived matrices
|GrowDex||Animal derived matrices|
|Reproducibility (lot-to-lot composition remains the same)||•••||•|
|Compatible for working in room temperature||•••||•|
|Ready-to-use (just add cells, no gel preparation)
|Non-autofluorescent (matrix does not cause background)
|Automated liquid handling compatible (e.g. HTS/HCS applications)
Get started with GrowDex
See how easy it is to incorporate GrowDex to new and existing cell culture workflows.
Start today, don’t delay. Order now and receive GrowDex without any delays in stock delivery.
Quickstart steps with GrowDex
1. Calculate the needed volumes of hydrogel and medium
2. Pipette the medium
3. Before moving the cap from syringe, move gently the plunger back and forth to release it
4. Dispense the hydrogel to the medium
5. Swirl the mix gently with the pipette tip
6. Pipette gently up and down the mix for a minimum 90 seconds
7. Add the cells slowly and mix gently to avoid the bubbles
8. Dispense the cell mix to the wells
9. Add medium carefully on the top of the cell mix
An Engineered Three-Dimensional Stem Cell Niche in the Inner Ear by Applying a Nanofibrillar Cellulose Hydrogel with a Sustained-Release Neurotrophic Factor Delivery System
- "Growth-factor reduced Matrigel source influences stem cell derived brain microvascular endothelial cell barrier properties", R. Patel, and A. J. Alahmad. Fluids Barriers CNS, vol. 13, no. 1, 2016. doi:10.1186/s12987-016-0030-5
- “Identification of multiple active growth factors in basement membrane Matrigel suggests caution in interpretation of cellular activity related to extracellular matrix components”. Vukicevic, S. et al. Exp. Cell Res. 202, 1–8 (1992)